Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thing #9

Wow! Flickr is full of amazing photos!







You can type in any word or any idea and suddenly an abundance of images assaults you.

Our theme at Tosch next year is Surfing the Waves of Success and will deal with the ocean, beaches, surfing, etc. I found some excellent pictures reflecting these ideas and look forward to creating a slide show with some of them.

In my slide show presentations, I often want to appeal to the emotions of my audience. Through my searches, I found many pictures that could be used to reflect joy, excitement, turmoil, struggle, and peace. As we prepare to face a new year at school, I want my teachers to get emotionally involved. I want them to feel the excitement of the upcoming year, and sense the difference we can make for students that particular year. Parksy1964 has captured the beauty of individuality on a gloomy day. This picture represents our uniqueness and how our creativity can be used to enhance our lessons and brighten each day for our students.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/parksy/32224816/

I used Writeboard to take notes as I read about ideas on how to use Flickr in the classroom. I can refer back to those notes anytime and share those ideas with others. I loved the idea of using the images for writing prompts or storytelling.


I had a blast with Spell with flickr, but I could not get the letters into my blog. I noticed some of you have so please share the trick!

Can anyone give me some suggestions on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment