Sunday, July 5, 2009

Thing #12




I created a poll so I hope if you see this blog, you will participate! I can see many uses for this at school. As an administrator, I am often trying to get the opinions of my staff. It has been difficult to find a way to keep up with their answers. I have put surveys out in emails and on paper, but with emails, I have to mark responses somewhere or print their email and keep up with it. Paper surveys just get filed after you hand count everything to see what the staff voted for. This tool is quick and easy to develop and will capture my results for me! This tool does post results and you can choose to keep it private or allow participants to see the results. I could also leave a choice for a write in vote if one of my choices did not suit the participant. This is a great way to allow others to share their thoughts or opinions. The site has both polls and surveys that can be developed.

I worked with several of the tools, but had the most fun with Picnik. I can see mostly using this for personal reasons, but it would also liven up slideshow presentations for school. We may find some fun ways to "enhance" pictures before posting them on our school website. This was a picture we took for our Christmas card a couple of years ago. Wish I had know about Picnik then!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love how you embedded the poll right into your blog! Good job! I may use that in my library next year! :)

    ReplyDelete