Saturday, July 4, 2009

Thing #11



I used Mosaic Maker to create this image. It was easy although it took a while to upload pictures. I started with a bigger one and changed my mind when it took so long to upload. This could be used to make some fun displays at school. It could also be used to demonstrate the understanding of vocabulary. Students could be given vocabulary words and find nine pictures to represent that word. One look at the page and a teacher would know if the students understood and could use that vocabulary word.



There are all kinds of funny faces to use from this site. Each face gives you a chance to share your thoughts. This will be fun to use in newsletters and memos or possibly to attach to an email. You can pick any face that best helps you get your message across or that will best help others remember your message. Teachers could use this to emphasize a point in their lessons. The tool takes you through the steps and you simply fill in blanks, then save as a picture.




Although I enjoyed the use of this tool and can see the fun in designing a magazine cover, the information is sad to share. We came home from a family dinner and fireworks to discover our Charlie is missing. We don't know how she escaped, but hope some kind, loving family has picked her up and is taking care of her until they find us.

I used this site to make the magazine cover. It was very simple and, again, all I had to do is fill in the blanks. You can quickly preview your image and make changes as needed. The first time I made the magazine cover, the writing was covering Charlie's face, so I was able to go back and adapt the writing to my picture.

letter F u7 KMcElman_090516_N2

Thanks to all the "fun" I had with the slide show, it helped me figure out how to get Spell with Flickr into my blog. So, I guess all that time and frustration did lead to some wonderful discovery. (Easy to say now that I am past the frustration.) I also had some good advice from fellow thingster, JW. She told me to highlight the html and copy into a new post. How easy is that!!! Thanks again, Jen.

2 comments:

  1. Something to remember about the pictures you want to upload... my camera has a setting for emailing images. When I know I'm not going to print out a pic, but use it to share on the computer, I use this smaller size and it uploads much faster. Next time you use your camera, see if it has the same type of feature and your pictures will load much faster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I could be of some help! :)

    ReplyDelete