Monday, July 13, 2009

Thing #23


I think this course is making me more social. The more aware I am of the variety of options, the more social I become. In fact, it was very difficult to move on to Thing 23 because I was having so much fun connecting with old friends on Facebook.

The discussions, comments, information, articles, videos, etc. in this lesson are amazing. When you take the time to search and review what is out there, a whole new world is opened. There are so MANY ideas with which to share and collaborate. This is something I will return to and pursue regularly.

I like that Ning as offered "ad-free" networks for educators. The ads have bothered me on several sites. I also like that it can be set to private or public. Again, the site coordinator has "control" and I certainly do like control!!

I used Ning/Teacher 2.0 and found a cool conversation on how to use Twitter in the classroom. This is a great way to share ideas! Another forum also discussed using Twitter during class. They gave many reasons as to why this encourage more students to be involved and the video clip embedded in the article interviewed students who share their thoughts on Twitter in the classroom. This was a college class, but it won't be long before this is used more regularly with other students.

Yes, I will spend more time here. As questions come up during the year regarding certain issues, I will hit Classroom 2.0 and see if there is any information out there that will help us make our decisions. It is always good to see and hear how others are doing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment