Tuesday, July 14, 2009

One Last Thing

I am exhausted, but THANK YOU! What an amazing course! I have been challenged, frustrated, and completely enthralled!! I will never be the same! Well, that might be a little dramatic, but my technology skills will certainly never be the same. I have laughed and cried over this class, but the learning is priceless.

I was fascinated with Flickr, various Web 2.0 tools, and Google Reader. These are things I will come back to. I am hoping I can come back to the 23 Things page so that I can use the direct links while I revisit the things I have learned.

I was surprised by the fun I am having with Facebook. I never really wanted anything to do with it, but it has been a blast finding old high school friends and peeking at pictures of their family. Their kids look just like they did when we were high school buddies.

The blogs are perfect for many things, and I want to experiment more with creating a useful wiki. We have talked about setting up a family wiki so we can better keep up with each other and all add to the page. I am part of a book study group that has met about 3 years, and we have tried to keep up with each other through emails. This has been difficult and last night I worked with another member to set up a book study blog! It is set up so we are all authors and any of us can begin a new post. An immediate application of new learning!!!!!!

I have already created several things with ImageChef and imported one into an online wedding book I am making for my son and daughter-in-law. I also think it might be fun to play around with some of the options when we create our Christmas card this year. We will see if I follow up on that one!

I think Classroom 2.0 and Teacher 2.0 will help me keep up with new developments as well as our fabulous school district who is always right on top of things. If another course like this was offered, I would give it a shot. I will also encourage others to take this course but I will warn them to be ready to give up part of their lives!!!! It DID take a lot of time to really do everything available.

My goal, of course, is to actually use this stuff throughout the year and model the tools. I would love to have teachers coming to me and saying, "How did you do that and will you show me?!?!??"

I probably won't maintain this blog, but hope to start a new one for the Tosch Staff. I will also continue to follow some of the blogs I found through this class.

Whew......the fun is just beginning!!!!

1 comment: