Sunday, July 12, 2009

Thing #7B

I haven't really been pleased with the sites that I subscribed to with Google Reader. Once things settle down, I will search for more relevant sites. I do like being able to open Google Reader and see the updates of all the sites. I like skimming the brief blips to see which ones I want to spend more time on. I know when I have sites that are more in tune with my needs, I will greatly benefit from Google Reader.

One article I found caught my eye because of the craziness of the summer. It made some suggestions on improving your time management skills and I have really needed that. I feel like I have done 23 Things all summer rather than manage my time properly in order to accomplish more. One of the ideas was to make lists. This is always a great thing to have so you can check thing OFF!!!! I also liked the suggestion in the article to make sure I find time for reflection and relaxation. I can't force myself to "do the impossible." I need to set goals and work toward them in a steady, consistent manner. It also talked about focusing. "The human mind works more efficiently when it is focused." (Tim Bridge of PersonaDev.com.)

This article did come from one of the sites that I have found informative.

No comments:

Post a Comment