Friday, July 3, 2009

Thing #10





For a learning activity that should have been so much fun and pretty simple, I found myself very frustrated. I have spent hours on this one activity. I am not sure if it was because my computer argued with me about every move I made, or because the music choices were so poor in RockYou. I would have loved to use something from my iTunes library, but after the copyright warning, I was wary. My computer crashed three times in the process of creating the slideshow, so I had to reboot and redesign several times. Each time I searched for appropriate, inspirational music but came up short. I hoped for a good instrumental piece or a song that captured the mood. In the end, after the third design, I decided against music and was ready to post. Then new problems presented themselves. After many tries, I finally embedded my slideshow from RockYou, only to find out it wasn't my slideshow. I remember reading that someone else had this problem, and I would sure like to know how to solve it. After redesigning my slideshow two more times, attempting the embedding process again, and still finding someones else's slideshow, I moved on to Slide.com. I like the music choices much better on this program and anxiously waiting to see if it works. This the the third time I have typed this blog, because the slideshow continues to scroll and then won't post.

Can someone tell me what step I am missing or why I can't embed?

Where can I read about copyright for music and slideshows?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mychatham/369614745/
Christopher Seufert Photography
http://www.flickr.com/photos/parksy/32224816/
Parksy1964
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bike/281872271/
richardmasoner
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikebaird/393732742/
mikebaird
http://www.flickr.com/photos/vaguelyartistic/292083492/
Vaguely Artistic

3 comments:

  1. I love your slideshow....sometimes different tools don't work with individual computers. It's trial and error to find which one will work easiest with your system.

    Make sure you create links to the image attributes you posted at the end of your writing. Sorry it was so frustrating, but it looks great now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great slideshow! I read your comment about not being able to embed your Flickr spelling creation in your post. I'll tell you how I did it and see if it helps you. (We'll see!) Once I had my letters the way I wanted them, I just scrolled down and highlighted and copied the html for the image. Then I went to a new post and pasted it in. When I hit preview, my image appeared. Is this what you already tried that didn't work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jen....I will give it a try!!!

    ReplyDelete