Sunday, July 12, 2009

Thing #21

Well it is always exciting to find new tools to use. Google Alert is awesome and was so easy! As things come up during the year, I will be able to set up any alert that I need. For now I set it up for Mesquite Weather and it will send me a daily email to let me know what the weather is in Mesquite. The cool thing about this is that I shared something new with my daughter. Yipee!!! I knew something she didn't. She immediately went to Google Alert and set it up to notify her of any pertinent soccer news.

I tried Google Notebook and it said that they are no longer taking new users.

I played around with Google Calendar some but am not sure it will help me yet. I didn't like that it wouldn't show everything I typed in the box. I was limited on what I could put in there, unless I just am not using it correctly. I can see how it would be good to do some basic calendar sharing with office staff if I didn't have to type too much. We might could keep up with ARD's, PTA Programs, grade level programs or other things like this. I guess if I needed to say more, I could put it in the comment section, but that is just more clicking. I like to see everything I can at once. That is why I use a Month-at-a-Glance rather than a Week-at-a-Glance calendar. As with anything, it may just mean practicing and using it. I would have to get others at school to get signed on and get used to using it, too.

Google Sites looked like fun, too. We have talked about setting up a family site and most of the family members spend a lot of time at the computer. I am not sure if the grandparents would use the site too much, but we could teach them.

I worked with Picasa some and uploaded some pictures for you to view. However, when I linked the word "pictures" to the pictures, I think that link also gave you access to my gmail and everything else. So....I unlinked.

No comments:

Post a Comment