Sunday, July 5, 2009

Thing #7a

I have checked my Google Reader regularly and like the way I can get a quick update, skim the blips about what has been added, then pick what I want to pursue. I have added a couple more sites to my Google Reader, but want to get rid of some of the sites. I haven't figured out how to do that yet....probably right in front of me.

I have subscribed to the Historic Mesquite Blog which is brand new. Becky Allen has created it and is keeping the community posted on what they are doing to preserve and share our city history. I am excited about their latest adventure--- Blazin' a Trail at the Opal Lawrence Historical Park. This will be a fun excursion for families and schools in the future. Historic Mesquite does host an excellent field trip for third graders and I highly recommend it.

I read through the updates on the children's book blog I am following. One article shared the four books that Jenna Bush, sixth grade teacher and daughter of former President George W. Bush, described as her best books ever. There was also some information about companies looking for books to print and publish. This is something I would like to pursue someday so it was nice to read about a couple of places that could support me in the pursuit of that dream.

2 comments:

  1. To delete from your reader, click on the "manage subscriptions" link at the bottom left. Out to the right of the subscription should be a small trash can you can click and delete it.

    ReplyDelete